Mulberry Silk Comforter
Mulberry Silk comforter filled with 150 gram A mulberry and 300TC white cotton shell. Ready to place in the duvet cover or use as-is.
Comes from the cocoons of silkworms that feed only on Mulberry leaves. The cocoon’s silk filaments are stretched into a flat web of silk floss which are stacked, then sealed inside our cotton fabric. The result is extremely lightweight despite the silk bedding’s thickness. Mulberry silk’s pearl-white hue reflects natural light while other silks, like Tussah and “wild silk” are a dull white caused by bleach and other chemicals.
NATURALLY HYPOALLERGENIC AND ANTI-BACTERIAL
- Mulberry silk is clean and simple: a strand of fiber held together with the natural glue of the protein sericin.
- Sericin is a natural repellent that is inhospitable to bed bugs and dust mites, a major source of allergens.
- Mulberry silk is processed with little or no chemicals.
- Mulberry silk maintains its structure for years, unlike duck and goose down which can degrade and fall apart; creating tiny pieces that can cause irritations.
Why Mulberry Silk?
- REPELS MOLD AND MILDEW: Our silk bedding is a mildew-proof natural fiber that eliminates moisture 1.5 times better than plain cotton.
- STRONGER THAN STEEL: Mulberry silk is stronger than steel wire with the same dimension. The more flexibility a silk has the better the quality. Mulberry silk has excellent elongations while inferior silk has very poor flexibility and elastic recovery.
- ODOR FREE: Grade A mulberry silk is odorless. Many silk comforters made with Tussah and “wild silk” have an oily or rotten smell.
- FLAME RESISTANT: Mulberry silk floss does not burn and any flame will immediately die off when the flame is removed. Burned silk leaves a brittle
- round black bead that crushes into a powdery ash.
- EASY TO CLEAN: Caring for this bedding couldn’t be easier. Simply spot clean and air out in the sun for a few hours naturally bleaching the cotton and rejuvenating the mulberry silk. You may also dry clean with LOW heat. Do not machine wash or dry because it will shrink the silk filling.
Size: Available King (106 x 90 in) and Queen (94 x 90 in)