How to wash Cotton Pillows Properly
Easy and effective steps to consider when washing Cotton Pillows
- Before washing make sure you removed any pillowcases your pillow has. All pillow cases must be washed separately. Now that you have removed your covers, put your pillows in the washing machine. It is suggested that you only wash two pillows at a time, so your Cotton Pillows have the proper space to be washed. Ensure that washing machine is large enough to handle pillows. Typically, a 50 pound and above washing machine is recommended. Though a machine allows you to squeeze in pillows, it does not mean that it is adequate size. Machine must be large enough to allow free flow of water to avoid lumping.
- Add your detergent to the washer machine. It is recommended to add about a cup of the detergent of your choice. Small amount of softener helps.
- Start your washer run it in hot water and adjusts your settings so that the washer goes through a 2nd
- Put your Cotton Pillow in the dryer. Make sure you switch your dryer settings to low
- Don’t start your dryer yet! Here is an awesome trick get two tennis balls and put them into two clean socks. These tennis balls will help maintain your pillows’ fluffiness and help decrease drying time.
- Check your pillows- make sure they are dried. If not, repeat the process. Though outer layers appear dry, inner layers can be moist. Hand fluff the pillow and run through another drying cycle.
Leave a comment